Try Tag Rugby is seeking outgoing, organised and friendly people to join the London team of League Organisers. There will be opportunities to start in February and March 2019.
Reporting to the London Operations Manager, you will manage four to five weekly Tag Rugby Leagues across London. You will be comfortable problem solving and managing a high level of daily admin in an efficient and professional manner, and enjoy being part of this sociable team.
There will be opportunities to get involved in other projects, dependent on your skills and experience, as we are very keen to develop our staff.
Responsibilities of the League Organiser
– Oversee the administration and operations of your leagues, using the online league management system to manage various aspects of each league (generating fixtures, updating results and sending mass communications to teams and individuals)
– Manage relationships with the league and after-match social venues
– Collect registration fees and sell merchandise at leagues
– Promote weekend tournaments and social events to members
Looking after our members
– Assist with member registration enquiries over phone, email and in person at your leagues
– Make the effort to build a community by getting to know the players and encouraging a good social scene after matches
– Take ownership of your leagues by encouraging growth between seasons, making sure existing teams continue playing and undertake local promotions to help grow the league
Refereeing & Coaching
– Confidence to step in and referee games at leagues or large-scale events when necessary (training provided to all staff)
– Develop and train the referees at your leagues and assist the Referee Operations Manager with the referee roster
– Required on occasion to provide advice and coaching to new teams / players, helping them to learn the rules and maximise their enjoyment of the sport
– Run free taster sessions for new players or teams on occasion
The team also generally helps with the day to day running of the office e.g. answering emails and phone calls, updating the website, petty cash management, washing equipment
This position would ideally suit a recent graduate with an interest in rugby or a sports enthusiast looking for a change of career. Current Tag Rugby players or referees are also encouraged to apply.
The ideal person will be/have:
– Extremely organised and proactive with an efficient work ethic
– Strong attention to detail
– Excellent administration skills, both oral and written communication with confidence
– Confidence using IT systems and ability to quickly learn internal systems such as Spawtz league management
– Outgoing, welcoming and personable, enjoys working as part of a sociable team
We would like you to have:
– Degree in Sports Management
– Experience working within a sports organisation
– Good sense of humour and ability to have fun
– First Aid Certificate
Where will you work?
London Offices are in Elephant and Castle. Leagues run across London zones 1-3. You should ideally live within zone 4.
What are the hours?
Minimum 35 hours per week. The role requires evenings and some weekends until 4pm, and large-scale festival events which take place on certain Saturdays throughout the year.
People on working holiday visas are welcome to apply. You should be able to provide working rights in the UK.
Let’s talk money
£20,000-24,500 (dependent on experience). We also offer exciting employee benefits including monthly travel card and other perks!
Try Tag Rugby has offices in London and Yorkshire, and operates in Bristol, Coventry, Manchester and the Thames Valley. Career progression and franchising opportunities are available for the right employees. For more information on Try Tag Rugby please visit our website: www.trytagrugby.com
To apply for a role as League Organiser or ask about part-time opportunities, please email Steph McCabe (firstname.lastname@example.org).