Sports League Coordinator – London
Try Tag Rugby (TTR) offers regular participation in Tag Rugby for people aged 6-60+ across a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community of players and supporters UK wide.
Sports League Coordinators (SLCs) take responsibility for coordinating four leagues in London. They manage both off field league administration such as fixture creation and high quality customer service, as well as the practical side, the successful running of each league day / night at the venue.
The ultimate objective of Sports League Coordinators is to have high customer satisfaction, leading to strong retention of teams & players, and overall growth in participation.
The SLC is a very sociable job, mixing both office and outdoor work. Our ideal candidates will be extremely organised, with strong admin & communication skills, and a strong love of sport.
See the full job description here.
How to Apply
Final closing date for full-time positions is 9am, 10/01/23. However as up to 6 positions are available, some outstanding applicants may be interviewed prior to the closing date.
Final closing date for fixed term positions is 9am, 30/01/23.
Part-time Venue Supervisor – London (ongoing positions)
Grab the opportunity to work at the forefront of London’s fastest growing social sport
Try Tag Rugby (TTR) puts community and passion at the forefront of its customer experience as the UK’s leading Tag Rugby organisation. We provide people across the country with the opportunity to engage in one of the most exciting, mixed-gender, mixed-ability sports. After more than a decade running leagues in London we are looking for someone who can capture the enthusiasm of another wave of players for our ever-growing sport.
At Try Tag Rugby we value our employees which is why we offer such positive benefits. In addition to your competitive hourly salary and focus on wellbeing we are able to offer you a range of perks:
– Tailored: Enjoy a flexible, part-time role with evening or weekend hours that is designed to fit in with your work or study
– Community: Spend your working hours with like-minded people in one of the most open, inclusive communities in the social sports scene
– Outdoors: Get out of the office or the lecture theatre to enjoy the long summer evenings in the beautiful parks across the capital
– Social: Get free tickets to unmissable rugby events like the London 7s and Rugby League internationals as well as TTR’s Boat and Christmas parties
– Get involved: Join a team and play for free in our leagues year round or test yourself against the best in our exciting tournaments
Not everyone has what it takes to be a Venue Supervisor. We are looking for candidates with the following:
– Experience: Have a strong background in, and passion for, team sports either as a player, coach, referee or administrator
– Skills: Have excellent organisational, public speaking and customer service skills as well as the ability to stay cool under pressure, deal with conflict and prioritise tasks to adapt to changing scenarios
– Characteristics: This is an independent position so you must be proactive with a strong work ethic. You will also need to be outgoing, welcoming and personable to deal with a wide range of different players’ interests and experiences
As a Venue Supervisor you’ll engage new players and help our customers get the most out of their experience. As part of your role to help us become the most popular social sport outside of 5-a-side you will:
– Supervise exciting and welcoming Tag Rugby leagues for people of all ages and backgrounds and support new players exploring the sport for the first time
– Promote Try Tag Rugby’s leagues, tournaments and social events to engage players in new areas and continue the growth of our sport
– Conduct end of season awards presentations and attend mid-season socials to contribute to Try Tag Rugby’s wider appeal off the pitch
– Referee games where needed, provide rule clarifications for players and support referees in managing their matches
– Represent Try Tag Rugby in the community by championing our core values of professionalism, pride and passion, community, wellbeing and development