Play Competitive Tag Rugby This September
With contact Rugby not expected back until at least the start of October, we are inviting men’s and women’s Rugby teams in and around the Leeds and Wigan areas to #GiveTagATry.
Tag Rugby (Oztag) is hugely popular with Rugby players in Australia, with one of the reasons being that the game play is as close as you can get to contact Rugby without the contact!
Enter our 4 Week Men’s and Women’s Adult Tag Rugby League
Taking the form of a mini league teams will get to play competitive Tag Rugby against a variety of opposition over the course of the 4 weeks.
A great way to add variation to training and get players used to playing and making decisions under pressure again.
Both men’s and women’s only leagues will be run at the following venues.
Leeds: Farnley Falcons, Farnley Sports Playing Field, Butt Lane, Leeds, LS12 5BD
Wigan: Ashton, 122 Low Bank Rd, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan, WN4 9RP
Rugby Clubs or new teams entering a team will receive 12 free pairs of tag shorts (Worth £156)*. To register for the league and to receive this offer please register via the links below and then send an email requesting the offer to either Yorkshire@trytagrugby.com or email@example.com.
Leeds Women’s Only League: REGISTER
Leeds Men’s Only: REGISTER
Wigan Women’s Only League: REGISTER
Wigan Men’s Only League: REGISTER
The registration deadline for the Leagues is 11am on Wednesday 2nd September.
Things to note:
- Each team will play one 40 minute game each week (or two 20 minute fixtures)
- Games will be 8-a-side with unlimited substitutions
- International Rules will apply – including 50:10’s (Tag’s version of the 40-20) and bonus boxes!
- Maximum squad size of 12.
- Kick Off Times will vary between the following times: Leeds 11am – 1pm, Wigan 1pm – 3pm
- No metal studs permitted, boots with plastic/rubber studs or blades as recommended
- All players are required to adhere to the Try Tag Rugby Code of Conduct and Government approved COVID-19 guidelines – players/teams who fail to do that will be removed from the league.
* To receive this offer with free Tag shorts you must be a club or new team to Try Tag Rugby, featuring no more than two previously registered Try Tag Rugby players.
Arrange a Free Taster for your club at training
To arrange for us to run a Free Tag Rugby Taster session for your team/Club at training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Leeds and the surrounding area or email@example.com for Wigan and the surrounding area
Things to note:
- All you need to do is provide a venue and a minimum of 10 people to take part
- Sessions must be arranged for a date prior to Wednesday 2nd September.
- Everything else needed for the session will be provided by Try Tag Rugby.
- There is no obligation to sign up to a league if you decide it’s not for you.
Check out some action!
What is Tag Rugby: https://youtu.be/id_38veBEls
BBC Super League Feature: https://youtu.be/CiYdRP5X9wk
BBC Breakfast feature on the 2018 World Cup: https://youtu.be/aoPgtHkh95o
Great Britain vs Greece Opening Game of the 2018 World Cup: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1523434064469395
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Leeds: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0113 8590589
Wigan: email@example.com Tel: 079204 89211