The final major London competition of the year, Try Tag Rugby’s annual Autumn Tournament takes place in late October with a full day of Tag Rugby followed by the final official tournament after party until Spring 2024!
This annual event has always been popular with teams that have formed over the summer season and are looking to elevate their Tag experience to the next level at a one-day tournament. The top level is also well represented with Turtles and the touring Springboks playing out a drop-off final in front of a raucous crowd last year! Capacity is at 72 teams across four divisions from beginner to elite and is one to sign up to sooner rather than later.
No Saturday leagues will run on the day to ensure that our community can take maximum advantage of the event.
- All teams will have a guaranteed game time of 90 minutes with 8 team spaces in Division 1 and 48 spaces across Division 2 & 3 and 16 in Division 4
- Maximum of 12 players per squad, maximum 4 male players on the pitch at any one time in all divisions
- Division 1 will play 8-a-side with full international rules. 2023 7-a-side Try Tag Rugby rules apply for Divisions 2, 3 & 4.
- Division 1 squads must include at least one female and one male player who were not selected for the 2023 Tag World Cup while there can be no more than three internationals in Division 2, no more than two in in Division 3 and none in Division 4
- All players must be registered for insurance purposes
- Teams will be seeded based on submitted squads. Squads must be complete by 2nd October
- Seeding is done at the discretion of Try Tag Rugby, incomplete squads may result in higher seeding than expected
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited until the tournament has concluded
The Autumn Tournament 2023 will take place at King’s House Sports Ground, Riverside Drive, Chiswick W4 2SP, just a ten minute walk from Barnes Bridge train station. The venue is also only ten minutes drive from Chiswick Roundabout and the M4 for those wishing to come by car, however we would encourage all players to arrive by public transport where possible.
Full female and male changing facilities are available on site for use before, during and after the tournament – particularly important for getting yourself changed into your after party outfit once the games are finished. Please note, dogs are not permitted at this venue unless required for assistance.
ON THE DAY
Teams will be welcome to arrive onsite from 09:30 with the first games starting at 11:00. All players should be onsite at least 45 minutes before their first game. Play will be completed no later than 17:30.
King’s House in house caterers will be onsite throughout the day ensuring you have lots of delicious options to keep yourself energised between matches. The after-match social, featuring the return of DJ Astech from TagFest London 2023, will run until midnight.
Spectators are welcome free of charge and can stay for the after party but cannot bring dogs or alcohol onsite.
ITF approved Tag Rugby shorts or tights are compulsory, available from the Try Tag Rugby shop www.trytagrugbyshop.com in advance or via card on the day. Details on ITF Approved (Tag Rugby) Shorts / Details on Kit Items not Permitted. A limited number of shorts will also be available to hire on the day.
Team registration is available at the cost of £235 for squads of 12.
If your usual team can’t play or you just fancy a bit of a change, don’t worry, you can always register for the tournament as an individual for £24 and we will assign you to a bespoke Individuals’ Team of a similar standard.
If you have a couple of mates and want to play together as part of an individuals’ team, sign up and contact us with the players’ names.
Division 1: At least one female and male player who were not selected for the 2023 Tag World Cup
Division 2: 3 maximum
Division 3: 2 maximum
Division 4: No international players allowed
Any player named in British, Irish, Australian, New Zealand or South African squads for the 2023 Tag World Cup.
Great Britain Squads for 2023 Tag World Cup