23rd September 2023
10:00 am - 14:00 pm
Stoke Travel & Try Tag Rugby are teaming up to put on an event with a difference.
– Experience Oktoberfest with Stoke Travel, who put on the biggest, best, wildest and most inclusive Oktoberfest tour in Munich.
– Play in Oktaggerfest, the first ever Try Tag Rugby tournament to take place in Germany!
OKTOBERFEST – GERMANY’S ORIGINAL BEER FEST
Despite the name, Oktoberfest – the world’s biggest beer festival, attracting more than seven million people every year to the Theresienwiese fairgrounds in Munich, Bavaria, Germany – runs mostly in September!
Visitors will drink more than seven million litres of perfect Bavarian beer, obeying German purity laws which mean Oktoberfest beers give less of a hangover, because they contain no preservatives or artificial additives. Visitors will eat thousands of plates of hearty, German, Oktoberfest food including beer lover favourites like pretzels and bratwurst and they will dance on tables to German oompah bands and make new friends from all over the world and sing and drink and make temporary besties with complete strangers. Visitors will leave the beer halls and then enjoy the carnival rides that rival the best amusement parks — roller coasters,swings and fun houses designed to thrill and excite, and after all that beer and hearty food test even the strongest of stomachs.
Try Tag Rugby’s first ever tournament on German soil will see mixed teams from all over Europe & beyond descend on Munich to play in the 7-a-side mixed social format.
The Oktaggerfest Tournament will run from 10-2pm on Saturday 23rd September, 2023, before players return to the campsite, freshen up and head to the beer halls for the afternoon & evening.
Registration is open to both teams & individuals. As this event is all about the social, we expect the majority of participants will sign-up as individuals or in small groups, who we will then place into teams for the tournament.
This tour will be a fantastic opportunity to meet other members of the Tag community worldwide over a shared love of beer, laughs & Tag Rugby.
OKTAGGERFEST ALL-INCLUSIVE 2023 OKTOBERFEST– PACKAGES INCLUDE:
– Entry into the Oktaggerfest tournament running from 10am-2pm on 23/09. You can either enter a team of 10, individually or with a small group.
– Accommodation at the Stoketoberfest campsite in pre-erected twin-share tents with camping mattresses and sleeping bags (glamping upgrades, solo tents, and group teepees also available)
– Brunch with bottomless mimosas every morning
– World-famous Stoketoberfest campsite parties with live bands, DJs, drinking games and 1000s of party animals from all over the world to party with
– Free all-you-can-drink beer, wine and sangria bar – Available free for Try Tag Rugby players, normally €15.
– Guides to make sure you’re having the best time and to direct you to the Oktoberfest events
– Munich’s biggest group of beer lovers – an international crowd of like-minded travellers, students and expats to party with.
*Entry is strictly only available to teams & players staying a minimum of two nights at Stoketoberfest, Stoke Travel’s official Munich campsite. Transportation to and from the campsite & tournament needs to be sorted independently
HOW TO BOOK
Book via the Stoke Travel website on the links below. Non-playing friends are very welcome.
ENTER A TEAM OF 10 – Team entry is €140. Accommodation is €80 a night per player. Team organisers get free accommodation for two nights. Total cost for a team = €1580. Initial deposit payment of €200 to confirm your team’s place. The balance will be split across a monthly payment plan.
ENTER INDIVIDUALLY OR WITH A SMALL GROUP – Individual entry is €20. Accommodation is €80 a night. Total cost = €180. One person can book for multiple individuals.
NON PLAYERS – Non players are very welcome to attend. Just book through Stoke Travel’s regular packages. Don’t forget to use the code TRYTAG to receive free all-you-can-drink beer, wine and sangria bar.
For any booking issues, contact Stoke Travel.
If you have any other questions which Try Tag Rugby can answer, don’t hesitate to contact us.