1st April 2023
09:45 am - 00:00 am
King’s House Sports Ground, Riverside Drive, Chiswick W4 2SP
The first of the three major London tournaments of the year, Try Tag Rugby’s annual Spring Tournament returns in April 2023 with a full day of Tag Rugby followed by an unmissable official after-party on the site of TagFest 2022!
This annual event running since 2014 has sold-out well in advance the last three times it has taken place and with an expanded capacity of 96 teams across four divisions from beginner to elite is one to sign up to sooner rather than later.
No Saturday leagues will run on the day to ensure that our community can take maximum advantage of the main event for teams looking to prove that they are the best of the best at their level.
– All teams will have a guaranteed game time of 90 minutes
– Maximum of 12 players per squad, maximum 4 male players on the pitch at any one time
– Division 1 will play 8-a-side with full international rules. Try Tag Rugby’s updated rules apply for Divisions 2, 3 & 4
– Division 1 squads must include a female and male player who were not capped for Great Britain in 2022* while there can be no more than two 2022 GB internationals per team in Division 2 & 3 and none in Division 4
– All players must be registered for insurance purposes
– Teams will be seeded based on submitted squads. Squads must be complete by 13th March
– Seeding is done at the discretion of Try Tag Rugby, incomplete squads may result in higher seeding than expected
– Consumption of alcohol is prohibited until the tournament has concluded
This event will take place at King’s House Sports Ground, Riverside Drive, Chiswick W4 2SP, just a ten minute walk from Barnes Bridge train station. We would encourage all attendees to arrive by public transport or cycle but the venue is only ten minutes drive from Chiswick Roundabout and the M4 for those needing to come by car.
Full female and male changing facilities are available on site for use before, during and after the tournament – particularly important for getting yourself changed into your after-party outfit once the games are finished. Please note, dogs are not permitted at this venue unless required for assistance.
ON THE DAY
Division 3 and 4 teams will need to arrive no later than 09:45 with Division 1 and 2 teams arriving no later than 11:30. Full timings for the day will be released once tournament capacity is reached. King’s House in-house caterers will be onsite throughout the day ensuring you have lots of delicious options to keep yourself energised between matches. Play will be completed by 18:45 with the after-match social, complete with a DJ, running until midnight.
ITF approved Tag Rugby shorts or tights are compulsory, available from the Try Tag Rugby shop www.trytagrugbyshop.com in advance or via card on the day. Details on ITF Approved (Tag Rugby) Shorts / Details on Kit Items not Permitted. A limited number of shorts will also be available to hire on the day.
Team registration is available at the cost of £235 for squads of 12.
Individuals can register for £24. If registering as an individual we’ll add you to a team or create a team of other individuals.
Division 1 Team Registration
Division 1 Individual Registration
Division 2 Team Registration
Division 2 Individual Registration
Division 3/4 Team Registration
Division 3/4 Individual Registration
Division 1 – At least one female and male player who were uncapped in 2022
Division 2/3 – 2 maximum
Division 4 – No GB players allowed
Any player named in British, Irish, Australian, New Zealand or South African squads for the 2022 International Tag Series competitions or British & Irish Cup.
– Great Britain Squads for 2022 International Tag Series
– Great Britain Squads for 2022 British & Irish Cup