Try Tag Rugby is proud to announce the creation of the brand new TTR Community Forum (London)!
The forum is designed with the specific vision of developing the sport of Tag Rugby within London by better connecting, communicating and collaborating with our community on the areas of the game, both on-field and off it, that matter most to them.
The forum is a project that Try Tag Rugby has carefully been working on over the past year to create and refine a concept that best encourages constructive, open dialogue; facilitates the creation of shared ideas; and provides an equal platform for players, referees and staff from across our game to be heard. In order to create something that was fit for purpose it was important to take the time to challenge our original ideas for the forum and make any necessary changes. We believe that the forum is now ready to be launched but have designed it so that organic progress can be made with the forum members to continue its evolution over the coming years.
The forum will be made of 12 members, taken from across the largest groups within our community to ensure that the widest possible range of views are considered while still allowing the forum to be a manageable size. Staff and referees are included as they are also members of the Try Tag Rugby community. The membership will be as follows:
- 1 Managing Director
- 1 full-time female staff member
- 1 full-time male staff member
- 1 part-time staff member (Venue Supervisor)
- 1 Female Referee (must have refereed at least 30 games in the last 12 months)
- 1 Male Referee (must have refereed at least 30 games in the last 12 months)
- 1 Female GB/Nationals Player (must have represented GB or a Nationals region in 2022)
- 1 Male GB/Nationals Player (must have represented GB or a Nationals region in 2022)
- 1 Female Player (must have been a registered Try Tag Rugby player before 30.11.2020 and not be a GB/Nationals representative)
- 1 Male Player (must have been a registered Try Tag Rugby player before 30.11.2020 and not be a GB/Nationals representative)
- 1 Female Player (must have registered as Try Tag Rugby player since 01.12.2020 and not be a GB/Nationals representative)
- 1 Male Player (must have registered as Try Tag Rugby player since 01.12.2020 and not be a GB/Nationals representative)
Structure and Format
Some aspects of the structure and format of the forum will be decided democratically by the members as we want all involved to have ownership of the forum. However the following details can be confirmed at this stage:
- The forum shall meet every two months over the course of the year
- There will therefore be seven meetings that members will attend each term they serve
- The meetings will be on weekdays only between the hours of 6-9pm
- There will be a chair and a minute taker who rotate for each session and this will be communicated in advance when the agenda is circulated.
As stated above the forum’s vision is to better connect, communicate and collaborate with the London community. It will enable the community to have a direct channel to discuss the issues that most matter to players, referees and members of staff and to propose any updates and evolutions to the game we all love. Further to this it will provide Try Tag Rugby with the opportunity to add transparency to decisions made about leagues, tournaments, social events and other areas of the organisation. Understandably however, not all proposals raised by forum members will be able to be enacted due to the nature of Try Tag Rugby’s business. Once the elections have been completed, members will be provided with the details for how to submit ideas, topics for discussion and proposals.
Nominations and Elections
Nominations are now open for all members of the community who may wish to stand for election to the forum.
The first stage is a nomination process where all players are welcome to nominate themselves for election to the forum. To do so please complete the nomination form at this link. Following this nomination process the full-time TTR staff forum members will shortlist four candidates per category based on the answers submitted by the nominees.
The entire London Try Tag Rugby community will then be able to vote their preferred candidate in each playing category with voting in the referee categories open only to those members of the community who have refereed at least one game in this calendar year (2022).
The person with the most votes in each category will be the winner and Try Tag Rugby will release the winner’s voting percentage for full transparency. Votes will also be checked against the Try Tag Rugby London database to ensure only eligible and registered members have voted.
Going forward elections will be held at the beginning of every London winter season to provide the community the opportunity to elect the candidates they feel best represent them and the issues that matter. Members will not be allowed to remain on the forum for consecutive annual terms but will be able to be re-elected after a year out of the forum. For example a successful candidate this year (2022-23) cannot be a member in 2023-24 but can be again in 2024-25.
- Friday 4th November – Nominations open
- Monday 21st November – Nominations close
- Date TBC – Shortlisted candidates notified of progression to voting stage
- Date TBC – Shortlisted candidates announced and voting opens
- Date TBC Monday 28th November – Voting closes
- Date TBC Monday 5th December – Forum membership announced
Nominate yourself here!