Grab the opportunity to work at the forefront of London’s fastest growing adult social sport.
Try Tag Rugby are looking for a standby Tag Rugby referee, to referee at our mixed, men’s and women’s leagues on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evening, at locations of our choosing across zones 1-3 of London.
You will ideally have experience as a referee in Rugby (any code) or another sport, or have a strong knowledge of Rugby and be willing to learn to referee. Full training will be provided.
You will need to become an expert and adaptable referee, able to referee / coach beginner teams through games, and learn to referee Tag Rugby to a level where you can ref some of the top teams in London. You must have strong communication skills, an ability to learn the rule book inside out and a reasonable level of fitness to be able to referee for up to 160 minutes in an evening.
Try Tag Rugby (TTR) puts community and passion at the forefront of its customer experience as the UK’s leading Tag Rugby organisation. We provide people across the country with the opportunity to engage in one of the most exciting, mixed-gender, mixed ability sports. After more than a decade running leagues in London we are looking for someone who can capture the enthusiasm of another wave of players for our ever-growing sport.
At Try Tag Rugby we value our employees which is why we offer such positive benefits. In addition to your competitive hourly salary and focus on wellbeing we are able to offer you a range of perks:
– Community: Spend your working hours with like-minded people in one of the most open, inclusive communities in the social sports scene
– Outdoors: Get out of the office, class room or lecture theatre to enjoy the long summer evenings in the beautiful parks across the capital
Not everyone has what it takes to be a referee. We are looking for candidates with the following:
– Experience: Have a strong background in refereeing (any sport) or a passion for Rugby (any code) as a player, coach, referee or administrator
– Skills: Strong communication skills, ability to learn the rule book inside out and a reasonable level of fitness to referee up to 160 minutes in a night.
– Characteristics: You will also need to be outgoing, welcoming, patient and personable to deal with a wide range of different players’ interests and experiences
As a referee you’ll engage new players and help our customers get the most out of their experience. As part of your role to help us become the most popular social sport outside of 5-a-side you will:
– Enforce Try Tag Rugby’s Health & Safety regulations to keep the players safe whilst taking part, including full enforcement of the rule book to keep “contact” out of the game.
– Carry out our COVID protocols such as a spraying the ball at half-time / full-time and making sure the teams are sanitising the tags at half-time / full-time.
– Represent Try Tag Rugby in the community by championing our core values of professionalism, pride and passion, community, wellbeing and development
Hours – Core hours are between 6.10pm & 9.45pm – Monday to Thursday evening. On a typical night you’d be expected to arrive at a venue 6.25pm, referee 3 games between 6.45pm-9pm and depart at 9.15pm. On occasions you may be asked to referee up to 4 games, or as little as 1 game. There will be opportunities for you to pick-up additional refereeing appointments on Friday, Saturday or Sunday paid at Try Tag Rugby’s standard rates.
Location – At Tag Rugby venues as determined by Try Tag Rugby on the day, across zones 1-3 of London.
Salary – £180 a week, breaking down as £45 a day (Mon to Thurs). Annual leave pro-rata’d.
Contract Length – Fixed term contract running through until 03/09/21
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you think you are the right candidate for the role. Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check.
Closing – 28/06, speculative applications welcome after this date as there are often refereeing opportunities available.