May 12 @ 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm BST
Try Tag Rugby Manchester welcomes organisations across a diverse range of industries, from blue chip multinationals to niche industry experts to participate in its first Corporate Challenge Manchester.
Tag Rugby is a level playing field for all to participate and the Corporate Challenge is the perfect opportunity to get your workmates together for a unique team building and networking experience whilst enjoying the sport you love. To be played on well-maintained grass pitches, this year the winners of the tournament will be able to select a charity for all proceeds to be donated to.
Corporate Challenge Manchester is a new tournament, specifically for work teams. The tournament is an opportunity for new and existing corporate teams alike to compete for the title of Best Corporate Team. Proving successful in Yorkshire and London, we thought now was a great opportunity to create this tournament for companies in Manchester. In previous years, the tournament has attracted companies including Jet2, DLA Piper, Tesco Mobile, Mazars, Pitchero and many more. Each year, we have donated over £700 to worthy charities including Marie Curie, NHS Charities Together and the MND Association.
– All games will be played in the mixed 7-a-side format
– Maximum of 10 players per squad, maximum 4 male players on the pitch at any one time
– All players must be registered for insurance purposes
– Teams will be seeded based on submitted squads. Squads must be complete by 9am, Friday 5th May
– Seeding is done at the discretion of Try Tag Rugby, incomplete squads may result in higher seeding than expected
– Regular Try Tag Rugby Rules apply for all divisions
– Consumption of alcohol is prohibited until the tournament has concluded
PRESENTATION & AFTER PARTY
On completion of the finals, the presentation will take place in the clubhouse for everyone to enjoy some drinks and socialise till late in the evening.
The tournament is being played at Didsbury Sports Ground (Ford Lane, Manchester, M20 2RU). Free parking is available at the venue.
There are changing rooms, showers and toilets at the venue, these are located in the clubhouse.
ON THE DAY
Teams will need to arrive for registration no later than 16:30pm with the first games starting at 17:00 sharp. Play will be completed by 20:45 with the after-match social running until 23:00.
YOUR COMPANY BRANDED CUSTOM KIT / SHORTS
Represent your company in a fully customised and branded playing kit or pair of shorts. Your shirts and shorts will be designed to your specification; ensuring colours are pantone matched to your company branding and including the Corporate Challenge and Try Tag Rugby logos.
– Cost for a fully customised kit (Shirts and Shorts) for 10 players is £554.50 inc VAT
– Cost for company branded shorts for 10 players is £225 inc VAT
– All Custom Kits must be ordered prior to 9am, Friday 31st March
– Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to share your company logo and brand guideline details once you have completed your registration.
Please note – the cost of playing kit/shorts does not include the team registration fee.
ITF approved Tag Rugby shorts or tights are compulsory, available from the Try Tag Rugby shop www.trytagrugbyshop.com in advance or via card on the day. Details on ITF Approved (Tag Rugby) Shorts / Details on Kit Items not Permitted. Shorts will also be available to hire on the day for £5 a pair.
ATTEND A PRE-CORPORATE CHALLENGE TASTER SESSION
In the lead up to Corporate Challenge we strongly advise taking your team along to a Taster Session* to have some fun and learn the basic skills of the game. A large number of Taster Sessions* will be held in early April all across Manchester. The full schedule will be released late February and when available can be seen here. Attendance is strictly by pre-registration only.
Registration is £300 for squads of 10. Companies can enter multiple squads in different divisions subject to seeding.