Three Try Tag Rugby Referees will be heading out to Limerick, Ireland this weekend for International duties at the British & Irish Cup.
It’ll be the first time that Try Tag Rugby has sent Referees to Ireland for International games.
Jason Baker, Jonno Huntington and Matthew Walker were all selected to officiate at International level and will join Ireland’s referees for the two-day series of games. For Jonno it’ll be an extra special occasion as he’ll referee at International level for the first time.
– Refereed over 1700 games since 2015 (3rd in the all time refereeing stats)
– Previously refereed at the British & Irish Cup
– Refereed nearly 500 games since 2018 and is a regular at London’s Super League
– Refereed 1100 games (most experienced referee in Yorkshire)
– Previously refereed at the British & Irish Cup and also the Tag WC in 2018
Dave Shipley, Try Tag Rugby’s Referee Development Manager said:
“We’re really pleased to have the opportunity to send Referees over to Ireland for the British & Irish Cup for the first time.
“Our refereeing team has a mix of experience and those making their first step onto the International stage and I can’t wait to see the referees join up with their Irish counterparts and deliver what should be a great weekend of Tag Rugby.
“With the first World Cup in the northern hemisphere coming up in 2023, we expect to be having record numbers of Try Tag Rugby referees representing the UK Tag Rugby community on the biggest stage which is really exciting.”
Thanks to PSS International Removals, our official referee partner for their continued support.
To find out more about refereeing, visit www.trytagrugby.com/info/refereeing/