Try Tag Rugby are pleased to launch our first ever Vets League for over 40s. The league features innovative rules to get older players involved, allowing players to keep playing our sport into their 40s, 50s & 60s.
Taking place on a Friday night at Paddington Rec Sports Ground, entry to the league is by individual registration only. Teams will be selected with a mix of experience, creating a friendly social atmosphere where all players get to know each other on and off the pitch throughout the season.
Facilities & After Match Social
Our Paddington Rec venue features a high quality all weather 3G pitch, with a cracking pub, The Carlton Arms, just a short stroll from the pitch. We expect this league to have a highly social feel, with players regularly heading for a drink after playing.
New Players Welcome
We expect the league to feature a mix of experienced Tag players and new players looking to get back into Rugby or team sport. To cater for these new players, Free Tasters Sessions are being held on Friday 22/09 & Friday 29/09. If you’d like to attend please register on the Taster Page of our website.
Cost & Registration
We are running a special first season offer of £29 individual registration. So that we can select teams with a mix of experience, you can only request to play in the same team as one other person, by contacting us after registering.
Format & rules
- Age range – 40-70. All players must have turned 40 before the first round of the season.
- Gender – Open – No restrictions or gender breakdown of players. Note the league is likely to feature predominantly men, but women are encouraged to get involved.
- Tries are worth one point;
- A bonus point is awarded if a try is scored by a woman
- A bonus point is awarded if a try is scored by anyone over 50
- Two bonus points are awarded if a try is scored by anyone over 60
- Examples – If a 63 year old woman scores a try, it’s worth 4 points! If a 61 year old man scores a try, it’s worth 3 points! If a 46 year old man scores a try, it’s worth 1 point.
- Age cut-offs for over 50s & 60s are also the first round of the season
- Over 50s and over 60s to be identified by coloured wristbands which we’ll have at the venue.
- Fixture Dates – 13/10, 20/10, 27/10, 10/11, 17/11 & 24/11