Try Tag Rugby are currently looking for more men and women to become referees in our leagues.
With no community contact Rugby League currently taking place, it’s a perfect opportunity for any existing referees from the contact game to get in involved:
- Keep fit
- Stay sharp and decisive
- Have fun and meet people
- Great Opportunities
- Earn money
By getting involved you can help make sure you are ready to hit the ground running when contact Rugby returns.
What, When and Where
- Leagues currently run in London, Bradford, Bristol, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Leeds, Manchester, Oxford, Reading, Wakefield and Wigan.
- Try Tag Rugby is a minimal contact form of Rugby League.
- We run all year round and normally have five seasons, each 8-10 weeks long (Spring, Early Summer, Summer, Autumn and Winter).
- Leagues – take place mainly on weekday evenings, generally 6:30pm or later. There are some weekend leagues in London and from September this year we will also be starting a number of Saturday leagues elsewhere around the country.
- Games are 40 minutes long and you can normally ref 2-3 games in a row.
- All leagues are for adults (14+), most leagues are mixed (4 males and 3 females on a team).
- Leagues are similar to a 5-a-side football league i.e. each league takes place on a certain day of the week with all games being played at that venue. Players and teams sign up for the whole season, a fixture list is produced and each team plays one game each week.
How to get involved?
Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling our Referees Development Manager, David Shipley, on 07974409244. The best way to get you started will depend on where you live and your level of experience but this would normally be through a free referee’s workshop or sometimes at a league by doing a friendly game or some shadowing.