April 2 @ 9:00 am – 11:59 pm BST
The first tournament of the year, Try Tag Rugby’s annual Spring Tournament returns in April 2022 with a full day of Tag Rugby followed by an unmissable official after-party on the site of TagFest 2021!
This annual event running since 2014 has sold-out well in advance the last three times it has taken place and with an expanded capacity of 80 teams across three divisions from beginner to elite is one to sign up to sooner rather than later.
No Saturday leagues will run on the day to ensure that our community can take maximum advantage of an event that hasn’t been able to run since 2019.
– All teams will have a guaranteed game time of 90 minutes
– Maximum of 12 players per squad, maximum 4 male players on the pitch at any one time
– Division 1 will play 8-a-side with Try Tag Rugby’s extended rules. Regular 7-a-side Try Tag Rugby rules apply for Divisions 2&3
– Division 1 teams can include a maximum of eight 2021 Great Britain or other international representatives* while there can be no more than two per team in Division 2&3
– All players must be registered for insurance purposes
– Teams will be seeded based on submitted squads. Squads must be complete by 14th March
– Seeding is done at the discretion of Try Tag Rugby, incomplete squads may result in higher seeding than expected
– Consumption of alcohol is prohibited until the tournament has concluded
This event will take place at Richmond Athletic Ground, Twickenham Rd, Richmond TW9 2SF, just a five minute walk from Richmond train station.
Full male and female changing facilities are available on site for use before, during and after the tournament – particularly important for getting yourself changed into your after-party outfit once the games are finished. Please note, dogs are not permitted at this venue unless required for assistance.
ON THE DAY
Teams will need to arrive no later than 45 minutes before the first game of the day with the full timings being released once tournament capacity is reached. Three food vendors will be onsite throughout the day ensuring you have lots of delicious options to keep yourself energised between matches. Play will be completed before 18:00 with the after-match social, complete with a DJ, running until 23:00/midnight.
ITF approved Tag Rugby shorts or tights are compulsory, available from the Try Tag Rugby shop www.trytagrugbyshop.com in advance or via card on the day. Details on ITF Approved (Tag Rugby) Shorts / Details on Kit Items not Permitted. Shorts will also be available to hire on the day.
Team registration is available at the cost of £220 for squads of 12.
Individuals can register for £24. If registering as an individual we’ll add you to a team or create a team of other individuals.
COVID-19 AND CANCELLATIONS
Events will adhere to relevant Covid-19 guidelines. Details of Try Tag Rugby’s latest regulations will be circulated in the event welcome email which all players must familiarise themselves with.If any event has to be postponed or rescheduled, players will have the option to carry over their registration or be refunded.
Division 1 – 8 maximum
Division 2/3 – 2 maximum
*Any player named in the six Great Britain or Ireland squads for the 2021 British & Irish Cup Test and Challenge Matches or comparative competitions for Australia and New Zealand