With contact Rugby and structured competitions not yet returned, we are inviting adult (14+) men’s and women’s Rugby teams in and around the Leeds and West Yorkshire areas to #GiveTagATry.
Enter our 6 Week Men’s and Women’s Adult Tag Rugby Leagues
- 6 week league starts Saturday 10th October.
- A competitive structured league format with a variety of opposition.
- Game play is as close as you can get to contact Rugby without the contact!
- Hugely popular with Rugby players in Australia.
- Add variety to training and keep players fresh and sharp by making decisions under pressure in competitive games. It’s also great fitness and fun.
- All players of all abilities 14+ welcome
- Give it a try for free at our Free Taster Session on Saturday 3rd October or arrange a Free Private Taster Session for your Clubs training night before the season starts (see below)
- Leagues are taking place at Farnley in Leeds (Postcode: LS12 5BD). Just off the Leeds Ring Road and less than 10 minutes from the M62, it’s easily accessible from across Leeds and West Yorkshire.
- Women’s games will be 6-a-side with a maximum squad size of 10. There are unlimited substitutions during the game.
- £250 per team for the season. For Rugby Clubs or new teams this will include up to 10 free pairs of Tag Rugby shorts (worth £130)*.
- Men’s games will be 8-a-side with a maximum squad size of 12. There are unlimited substitutions during the game.
- £300 per team for the season. For Rugby Clubs or new teams this will include up to 12 free pairs of Tag Rugby shorts (worth £156)*.
* To receive this offer with free Tag shorts you must be a Rugby Club or a new team to Try Tag Rugby, featuring no more than two previously registered Try Tag Rugby players.
To register for the league and to receive the offer of free shorts please register via the links below. Once registered please send an email requesting the shorts offer to email@example.com.
Women’s Only League: REGISTER YOUR TEAM
Men’s Only League: REGISTER YOUR TEAM
The registration deadline for the Leagues is 11am on Tuesday 6th October.
Things to note:
- Each team will play one 40 minute game each week (or two 20 minute fixtures)
- Extended Rules will apply – including 50:10’s (Tag’s version of the 40-20) and bonus boxes!
- Kick Off Times will vary between 10am – 12:15pm
- No metal studs permitted, boots with plastic/rubber studs or blades as recommended
- All players are required to adhere to the Try Tag Rugby Code of Conduct and Government approved COVID-19 guidelines – players/teams who fail to do that will be removed from the league.
Arrange a Free Taster Session for your Club
We are running women’s (10am) and men’s (12 midday) only Free Taster Sessions at Farnley on Saturday 3rd October. To register for these sessions please click here.
We are also offering to come and run a Free Tag Rugby Taster session for your team/Club at your training prior to the league starting. To arrange this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to note:
- All you need to do is provide a venue and a minimum of 10 people to take part
- Sessions must be arranged for a date prior to Wednesday 2nd September.
- Everything else needed for the session will be provided by Try Tag Rugby.
- There is no obligation to sign up to a league if you decide it’s not for you.
Check out some action!
What is Tag Rugby: https://youtu.be/id_38veBEls
BBC Super League Feature: https://youtu.be/CiYdRP5X9wk
BBC Breakfast feature on the 2018 World Cup: https://youtu.be/aoPgtHkh95o
Great Britain vs Greece Opening Game of the 2018 World Cup: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1523434064469395
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com or phone: 0113 8590589.